With plenty to do, see, and explore as well as luxury resorts perfect for relaxation, Scottsdale, Arizona is southwestern oasis great for families, couples, and friends. Learn more about this destination in our Scottsdale travel guide below.
When to Go:
December – April for most pleasant weather
Where to Stay:
- Perfect for couples or a girls’ getaway
- Midcentury modern hotel with bungalow-style guest rooms
- Don’t miss the spa! The wellness program is based on the natural healing powers of the earth’s most sacred resources.
- Perfect for families
- Contemporary rooms with balconies or terraces overlooking the mountains
- Don’t miss Camp Hyatt – little ones can learn about desert culture while parents relax at the resort.
- Perfect for a romantic getaway – it’s adult-only Friday – Sunday
- The resort offers chic casitas and suites as well as private homes to rent
- Don’t miss soaking up the view over cocktails at Jade Bar before dinner at Chef Beau MacMillan’s element restaurant.
What to Do:
Hot air balloon ride: Enjoy amazing views of Arizona
Barrett Jackson Collector Car Auction: With more than 1,800 pieces of automobilia and 1,700 vehicles, the 2017 auction brought more cars, stars and attractions to Scottsdale than ever before.
MLB Spring Training: Every March, Scottsdale hosts the San Francisco Giants, Colorado Rockies and Arizona Diamondbacks for a full month of Major League Baseball action at its finest! The stadium has amazing views plus the best dining and nightlife spots are within walking distance.
Hiking: Tons of hiking trails that range from beginner to advance. Scenic hikes, workouts, family hikes, flower/bird watching.