To say Switzerland is a beautiful country is an understatement — it is simply gorgeous! I spent 10 days exploring the Jungfrau region and then had stays in Lausanne and Geneva, traveling by train. Get the scoop with these Switzerland Travel Tips below.
- Jungfraujoch – the highest elevation in Europe with an observatory, restaurant, and ice cave. You are literally at the top of Europe!
- 30 min. cable car from our base in Wengen to Grindelwald and then a cable car up to the top of First (the name of the mountain) with gorgeous views, zip lines, bikes, and hiking
- Lake Brienz: relax and enjoy the scenery during a boat cruise
- Lucerne: take a train and spend the day exploring
Get a Swiss Rail Pass to travel around the country and a regional rail pass like the Jungfrau Travel Pass to explore the region. You can see Switzerland by train, boat, and cable car with your pass!
Where to Stay
Royal Savoy, Lausanne
- Walking distance to the lake and right across the street from the tram line
Le Richemond, Geneva
- Excellent service and cuisine
Hotel de la Paix, Geneva
- Small, boutique style hotel recently renovated
Know Before You Go:
Switzerland can be very crowded in the summer season! Consider traveling in off or shoulder season (spring or fall) to avoid the tour buses and groups.
Investigate the festival calendar in the towns you’d like to visit and adjust your dates to be able to attend one. Regional events are a great way to immerse yourself in the local culture!
Layers, layers, layers! The weather can go from t-shirt to sweater weather in the same day depending on your altitude.